June 11, 2007

Welcome to My Little Country House

Did anyone see the cheesy movie The Holiday? Cameron Diaz and Kate Winslet traded houses for a week. John Krasinski made an appearance.

Well, I feel like I’m on a holiday…in my own house. I’ve been spending a lot of time here and for some reason this has made me appreciate my house so much more. I started to notice all the little country knick knacks my mom has around and I started thinking how much I would really enjoy it if I just got to stay here for the week as a stranger.
I look out the window and the corn and beans are growing. The sun has been shining brightly for the last couple of days. I drank about five glasses of tea, wrote a letter, and went to the post office. Tonight, I have a movie date with myself, the great work that is the Lord of the Rings, and a pizza sub.
I officially love summer in the Midwest.

No comments: