January 12, 2007

interrobang

Hello Friends-
I've decided to start a blog-mostly because I like to write and I like to tell stories.
And my friend Christie reads Ken Jennings blog everyday (the guy who was on Jeopardy for a ridiculous amount of time) and she gets a kick out of it.
Which leads me to another big point of this blog: entertaining YOU-it might be something funny, it might be devotional style (what can i say-i'm a big 'share from the heart' type person), or it might just be something interesting (for those of you from G-ville, I have input.)
Like this for example:
in·ter·ro·bang
–noun
a printed punctuation mark , available only in some typefaces, designed to combine the question mark (?) and the exclamation point (!), indicating a mixture of query and interjection, as after a rhetorical question.

How many times do you use the interrobang?!
Okay, so it's actually a combined punctuation mark that sorta looks like the letter P with a dot at the bottom BUT I like to use it as stated above.
(That's from Ken Jennings blog by the way. What can I say, I can only aspire to be like him.)

So I hope you enjoy reading my blog. (I'm bad at ending things, I guess this will be a learning experience.)
Oh and I will not use this to post my extremely emotional feelings (only a priveleged few get that experience), I will not post extremely long surveys about myself that will be composed of yes and no questions, and I probably won't write every single day.
I will love every comment that you leave in response to the stuff I post, I will post stuff that I have written/am writing (fiction) on here for honest opinion, and I will try to remember 2007 (i was bad at remembering 2006) with this blog.
Thanks for reading!
-Emily

No comments: