July 7, 2007

Transition

I started thinking a lot about this year, to be more specific this year that starts in three weeks for me. And summer was over like that. I started thinking about what we’re going to do during training and how we’re going to work together as a team and what boxes I’m going to pack my stuff in and that antsy feeling I get every year before I go back that is only a slice of what I felt before my freshman year-a combination of being excited and not knowing what is going to happen and knowing I will be crazy busy but will remember random things from the whole RC/Walkabout/Moving In process-yeah, that was there today. So the transition of being back in school has begun….a lot earlier than some, but I do need to start thinking about it.

I talked to Laura on the phone today, actually Mele ( pronounced May-Lay) on the phone. Mele is the new Laura. The Laura that doesn’t write anything down in her planner book. The Laura that surfs. The Laura that GIVES guys her PHONE NUMBER without them asking. Laura went to Hawaii and Super Confident Mele is returning to the mainland in a week. And I’m stoked because she’s so full of life and we’re going to take walks during the school year and she’s going to tell me to be more confident.

I’m going to see Anna in a week in the little red truck. We’re going to single-handedly be responsible for reversing the mainstream culture by waiting in line for a midnight release of a book. Ok, so, we’ll be doing it with a billion other people across the world, but it is kind of noble and purist reader-like, isn’t it?

And yes, it is for Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows.

And yes, I’m really excited.

No comments: