April 3, 2007

the college life

last night I felt like I was in college for the first time in a long time.
Corrie and I hung out on her roof and ate ice cream. We talked for a glorious amount of time, yelled at people from the roof, ate medium size blizzards, and generally caught up on life while the night breeze blew by us.
I haven't had that glorious of a night in a long time.
Yes, that's right:
Glorious.

I need to make more time for stuff like that. Especially because the weather is so nice now.
And let's be honest-my time at Greenville College is almost down to one year.

It's nice to think about these things as I'll be locked away finishing my Exegesis today. It should be good.
You should think of me in the library, chains on the door of my study room as the storm rages outside. The lights may flicker a time or two...inevitably there will be wind blowing through the library.
Then suddenly, the dragon, the haunted house, the pirates, and the pagemaster that are painted on the ceiling will ooze off and I will have to go on an adventure as only written by the books in the library. Good thing the library has clearly marked Exits.

Like I said, it should be good.

Oh, by the way, what would you do if you met yourself?
And what if she was you two years ago?
It would be interesting communicating because 19-year-old Emily would have no idea what 21-year-old Emily was trying to tell her about life experiences and how they have shaped her. She could only imagine.
I wonder what 23-year-old Emily would say to me now?

No comments: